Thursday, July 28, 2011

Online Friendships

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same.
Author Unknown

With me and my family moving  often, sometimes is hard to have and make friendships, thankfully since almost 3 years ago I have a support club online.
All started with the idea of making a club of moms that had something in common, in that time was an online game in Facebook call Yoville, for those that are in Facebook and like to play games know what game I am talking about. I want it to connect with people that play the same game, but without the hassle of interact with people that I didn't like just to add more "Crew" to the game.



I found the right people I was looking, women, but not just any kind of women, they had to be moms. We start the process by posting some comments in the forums, short story, we almost have 3 years together with 140 moms.

I have to say that at first, it was all about the game, how to interact and make it fun, but things start to change and evolve to asking for mom advice, to vent, to cheer each other in the good and bad times. Probably this kinda friendships don't work for everyone, and I am not saying this should take part of your "real life", but, how many times the people that surround you is not who you need to go for advice, to cry or vent?

It just amazing stare at the Facebook Feed and see the lives of this people so far from me, but so close. In a way we have been there in the birth of their children, in weddings, the death of family, graduations and more. We also have laugh at each other and we will say things that you will never said if you had that person in front of you. There is no way how to explain the feeling i had when I receive in the holidays Christmas Cards from all around the world.  I cant even start saying what is said in the private group Feed we have (sworn secrecy).

I may never meet in person any of this friends, but I know that when I need to talk to someone, they are always there for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...