Sunday, September 11, 2011

There is a time to reflect.

9 11 soldiersImage via Wikipedia
For 10 years, every year on September 11, we remember the past. You might think that because I wasnt born and raise in this country, it will not feel anything, but your wrong.  On that morning I was still living in a border town from California, I woke up and the TV was showing live what was happening, the first plane just crash, I don't want to get into it, but I spend all day attached to the TV, I was overwhelm, cry and heartbroken to see what was happening. News were saying that the border was close and in high alert, It was strange seeing the road to cross the border empty at that time of the day, thats unheard to happen. I had a few friends in the military so as soon I knew this was a terrorist attack, I knew that sooner or later they would be deploy to find who ever has done this. 

For years to come on this day I spend hours watching the History Channel and many more channels, reviving this moments, don't ask me why, I just think that in my mind I felt that record this event in my mind would be important for the future. Now that I have my husband and children, born and raise Americans, I understood that is important explaining my children what happen, remember and never forget the people lost on that day. I love this country, since I marry I embrace it as mine, I love for what stands for, and every day I try to learn the history, the past; and by learning the past, I can explain my kids the present, so they understand and be thankful of their future.

1 comment:

  1. 9/11 affected the entire world, it altered reality in a way for everyone. It was an unthinkable tragedy; as world citizens we are all connected and mourn the losses of each other. There were people in those buildings from all over the world, all religions, all races. It will live in all of us forever.

    ReplyDelete

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...