Monday, December 5, 2011

The older they get, the harder to gift on Christmas

Christmas gifts.
Image via Wikipedia
I am falling apart, this is becoming a hard year to buy for Christmas, Cassie is now 11 and in 6th grade, and not a kid anymore so is not like I can get her a Barbie and is going to be super thankful, don't get me wrong I have amazing kids, and they would never complain because they didn't receive something, but not only the older they get, the harder to gift, but also the older they are, the expensive the presents become. From a Barbie to a Tablet is a huge difference of price, and what? now the presents also become more clothes, but in there is no wow factor, unless our kids are in to fashion.....now....If we would be talking about Hallie it would be excitement, but Cassie is more a farm girl kid that Fashionista.

Also, there is no blame it to Santa cause you didn't get what you want it, is more like sorry that mom and dad didn't have enough budget for Christmas, or, mom got a horrible outfit for you. I really don't enjoy much Holidays, Birthdays or any celebration that involves presents, I kinda forget them very often, including mine ( who wants to remember that I'm getting old).  I cant wait to finish Christmas shopping and stop stressing on what to get.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you - my 14 yr old & 11 yr old are the same way. Definitely a tough age for gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...